DVBPortal HDTV Reference
DirectShow Dump Filter
This filter allows, when added to a DirectShow graph, any audio or
video stream to be dumped to disk. It can take the place of an audio or
video renderer. Using a Tee filter, it can dump a stream from any
intermediate filter in the graph. It's typical use is in conversion graphs.
Care is taken to preserve the presentation time stamps, even when running
faster than the indicated playback speed.
For integration in commercial applications ask for the HDTV Filter SDK.
Fig 1: The screenshot shows the use of the HDTVDump filter in an HDTV
conversion graph. A HD file in Quicktime 7 H.264 format is reencoded to a
MPEG-2 transport stream.
Fig 2: About box
- Dumps any audio/video stream to disk
- Preserves original presentation time stamps
- Acts as a renderer
- Advises time and periodic
- Dumps large amounts of data (HD Streams)
- Supports seeking in editing applications
Demo HDTV H.264 Streams
Batman Begins 115 MB
NASA Space Shuttle 45 MB
- Windows 2000 SP2 / Windows XP
- DirectX 9